Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Two-week Plan

The small plan that follows will bring me to my reading goal by the end of the month:

1) Finish The Practice of Everyday Life (20)

Then, in staying with the Death/New York theme that has randomly appeared (although the aforementioned book would be better classified as Life/Paris -- good enough though, as some sort of opposite) I'm planning on reading:

2) The Death of Ivan Ilyich (21)
3) Death of a Salesman (22)
4) Motherless Brooklyn (23)
5) Finish Plato's Five Dialogues (24) (account of Socrates' trial and execution)
6) My finale will be either to finish Jane Jacobs' The Death and Life of Great American Cities (NYC specifically) or Haruki Murakami's Underground (account of Tokyo subway gas attacks). (25)

Don't run and call the psychiatrists, I'm feeling just fine. This theme emerged as I was reading the past few books that were chosen, I think, at random: Ravelstein, New York Trilogy, Brooklyn Follies, and The Intuitionist.

No comments: