Sunday, March 2, 2008

Poetry and More



Just made it through David Berman's poetry collection entitled "Actual Air." I picked this one up last fall at Elliott Bay mainly because the cover was awesome. Far from a scholar of poetry, I have always leaned toward the alternative variety (I went through the Bukowski phase like the majority of young white men). This stuff was cool and certain parts have cemented themselves in my consciousness. I didn't know the author was the lead singer of the Silver Jews -- a band whose name I'd heard but hadn't listened to -- and an old buddy/bandmate of Stephen Malkmus. It all makes sense now...Anyway, that leaves me with 46 to go for the year. I'm pushing through Anna Karenina and hope to finish it by this time next week.

I also purchased two tickets to my inaugural theater event of 2008: The Imaginary Invalid by Moliere at the Seattle Rep. I was recently introduced to the playwright via the movie Moliere, which had me laughing continuously, on a flight from Honolulu to Seattle, and have been waiting to see a production of his work ever since.

Other stage events for 2008 that I plan on attending:

Eurydice
The Drowsy Chaperone
Sunday in the Park with George
The Little Dog Laughed
All the King's Men

Let me know if you want to go to any of these; we can make it a double date.

1 comment:

jeremy said...

Big surprise, I wanna see The Little Dog Laughed.