Thursday, March 27, 2008

Aww yeah!



Just finished book number six. I know, I know: I'm really far behind the twelve books that I need to have read to make it to fifty this year. Weighing in at 817 pages, I have every right to count Anna Karenina as maybe three books, but ,for now, I'm just calling it one.

I could offer my insights into this one but I'm sure plenty has already been written about it, by people much more qualified than me. I'll just say that it's not overrated and anyone who has an interest in life, love, death, religion, or horse racing -- especially horse racing -- should give it a go.

Oh, and I took that picture, back in January, during a quick work trip to Hawaii. That's Oahu's Diamond Head in the background.

Next on the to read list: I'm finising up Peter Bagge's collection of Buddy Bradley comics entitled Buddy Does Seattle, as well as Joseph Conrad's The Secret Agent. Peter Bagge was reading at the Frye tonight, along with Ellen Forney and someone else, whose name escapes me, and I was working...I still need to make it to the R. Crumb exhibit over there. Jeremy? Phil? let's go.

4 comments:

liz reagan said...

I saw R. Crumb's exhibit in Portland .. like 10 years ago. Some of it reminded me of things I'd seen in the old "Mad" magazine when I was young. I hope you go.

jeremy said...

I'm down! I'm sure the guy is, too. How much longer is it there? I think Phil has next Saturday off.

Phil said...

Of course I'm down! I should have Saturday off, I'm not sure yet.

DJ.Brian said...

A WORK trip to Hawaii? Who are you? Ricardo Montalban?