Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Reading is Fundamental

Yeah, I'm trying to read fifty books again this year. At the end of last year, I said I was going to start off the year with Gore Vidal but that has been pushed back a little. It's still on my list though.

Anyway, I've finished two books so far.

1) The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon.

I'm considering writing a real review for this (synopsis: it's okay, he can do better, his essay that precedes this book is more interesting than the book itself, he has this kind of youth group attendee sort of sense of humor (farting, mooning people) that bothers me) but, alas, unemployment (read: reading, waiting on the refrigerator repairman, looking for jobs, writing blog posts, walking the dog, cleaning, hanging out at the co-op, going to the UW library, hopefully starting to work out more, etc.) is taking up an awful lot of my time...

2) The New Architecture and the Bahaus by Walter Gropius

This one was for the class I'm taking entitled The Contemporary Built Environment. Check out my reading response here.

No comments: