Monday, January 26, 2009

26/365

A simple twenty-dollar bill: who knew it could make for such an interesting evening.

As I posted yesterday, we have switched to a cash system. In keeping with that decision, I ran over to Madison Market tonight to pick up a few items for dinner and Risa's lunch tomorrow, and paid with cash (a twenty and two ones). A few hours later, while considering doing laundry and lamenting over the fact that we are burning through our cash, I reached into my wallet to find that I only had one twenty remaining! I knew that last night I had three and actually had photographic proof. What happened?

I thought and though about where I may have spent it but knew I didn't. I thought that maybe it stuck to that other one at the grocery store; I knew it was a long shot but, in this economy, I had to ask. I went over to the store and they said they'd call when they closed out that register. We all kind of laughed at the prospect of their finding my bill.

Lo and behold, about twenty minutes ago the call came. Sure enough, that drawer was twenty bucks over.

No comments: