Sunday, May 4, 2008

Twitchell is Twelve


Picked up this book via the UW library system to get me started on my research project. The scope of the project is still unfolding (and I have five weeks from Tuesday to complete it) but the gist is trying to follow the influence of western consumption through the other fields it has influenced or by which it has been influenced: religion, art, architecture, economics, community, etc. It was an interesting read that I'd recommend to anyone that is critical of "mass consumption."

Speaking of consumption (of "high-culture"), we made it over to the Seattle Rep last night to see the final production of Seamus Heaney's The Cure at Troy. It was outstanding; I'd never the production of a "classic" on stage (it even had a chrous). Next up on the theater scene is hopefully Autobahn.

Now, for your listening pleasure, I give you Dark Meat. They are playing down the street so I'm going to see what the fuss is all about (supposedly they have 13 to 23 people on stage).

No comments: