Friday, April 3, 2009

No baby yet

He's due today but I doubt he'll be on time...

More as developments develop.

I finished book nine: Sartre's Nausea. I don't recommend reading this when you're bored and don't have much to do. Questions about existence and boredom and life don't sit so well when you're just, um, waiting.

On that (waiting) note, I do have a job of sorts, that starts in October. Along with my admission to PhD in the Built Environment program, I will be working as a TA for the architectural history sequence that three-year architecture grad students take. Currently, I have no substantial knowledge on the subject but do have ample time to learn it. Wish me luck.

In preparation for my new life as a student, I have many books to read. Visit my new Amazon wish list here.

18 more people from my previous office were laid off yesterday. I believe that brings the 2009 total to 41, which is about a third of the 2008 workforce. It has been almost three months since I was laid off but for some reason I still care.

1 comment:

liz reagan said...

I AM SO EXCITED!!! I am gonna have trouble getting to sleep. I'll bet your Mom doesn't sleep a wink. And I'll bet she's looking at airfare right now!!