Thursday, August 21, 2008

Stream

There were many disturbing aspects of the dream that woke me: one was the lack of food and seeing all my neighbors together trying to grow lettuce and vegetables in the park; watching a friend sitting at a bar after a soccer game saying, "we played on the field where that girl was killed and I got a little blood on my hand" was frightening, but what startled me the most was when the man sitting next to her sniffed at her hand. And finally, there was a spy who had been dismembered by another spy; the television reenactment was a homo-erotic affair with two muscular handsome men playing the parts of the spies. After the last limb was cut the television station flashed to a still photo of the real aftermath for a few seconds before flashing the sponsor's avatar and name on the screen, "This program has been brought to you by Hasty kitchen cabinets." I don't know if that is a real brand but the insignia was a light blue cabinet on a white background, with HASTY written below. I woke up, disgusted, and think that subconsciously I don't feel very good about the world.

No comments: