Sunday, December 24, 2006

Culture Overload


Purchased for myself this last week of the Christmas shopping season:

Ego & Hubris: The Michael Malice Story (Graphic Novel by Harvey Pekar)
Tom Waits' Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers, and Bastards
The Basic Eight by Daniel Handler
Two tickets to the Seattle Public Theatre's Christmas Eve performance of The Santaland Diaries by David Sedaris
Two tickets to Night at the Museum which I saw at the IMAX theater with my nephew-to-be, Coby, on Friday night (actually purchased by Risajoy)

6 comments:

jeremy said...

Love the Basic Eight. I'm reading the graphic novel From Hell currently. Its quite good. How was the IMAX?

Keith said...

Please pardon the belated response...I am about 50 pages into Basic Eight and diggin' it myself. IMAX was sweet; I had only ever been to the OMNI in Ft. Worth. I plan on returning to see Hurricane on the Bayou shortly.

Jabiz said...

how is the tom waits?

Keith said...

Honestly, I'm pretty new to Tom Waits but I really, really dig the first disc of this three disc set. The other two are good too but the first one is the most accessible (rock-ish, country-ish). I'd recommend it to anyone who was at all into him. I don't think any further comments would be grounded so I'll leave it at that.

It's a bummer we didn't get to come down and see you guys this last weekend. Risa was on her last leg and the time and home helped her recuperate though! Next time though; I'm looking forward to it.

liz reagan said...

Did you really see David Sedaris on Xmas Eve, Little Cousin?? I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE him. Have all his books!

Did I mention that I love him?

Keith said...

It wasn't the real David Sedaris, just a play by him. It was good though. Jeremy, the guy who commented above met him once at a bookstore and made him laugh though!